Lost Dreams and a Battle with Pain
I've always held onto a dream, one that painted me as a pivotal figure in the grand tapestry of life. I aspired to be the person others could turn to for help, support, and guidance towards brighter paths. And for a time, I lived that dream. But as I traveled and connected with people from diverse backgrounds, my ambitions grew.
Today, my reality is far from that dream. I've become a burden to my family, a weight that cancer has cruelly placed upon my shoulders. It stripped me of my strength, replacing it with ceaseless pain and restless nights. I've become a prisoner in my own body, confined to a bed, unable to perform even the most basic of human activities. Every move is an agonizing struggle, a stark reminder of my limitations.
I find myself in a constant state of reliance on others, a reality I never envisioned. The simplest tasks require assistance, and the independence I cherished has been cruelly stolen. As I lay here, I often find myself praying to Allah, not for riches or glory, but for an end to this suffering, even if it means taking my last breath in this world.
This is not the life I had imagined, not the path I had hoped to tread. It feels like I'm living a distorted version of my own existence, one that I neither asked for nor deserved. The weight of despair bears down on me, and in my darkest moments, I've come to hate my life, hate myself, and resent everything around me.
*Your thoughts and words mean a lot to me. Please take a moment to share your reflections or any similar experiences in the comments below. Your support and understanding are deeply appreciated.
Comments
Post a Comment