Breaking My Silence: How I Found the Courage to Seek Help
In the depths of my cancer battle, I've always been the type to retreat into solitude when faced with a problem. I'm inclined to bottle up my emotions and disappear until I've sorted things out on my own. Asking for help has never come naturally to me. But this time, the challenges are numerous, and the need for assistance is greater than I could have ever imagined.
It took the encouragement of my dearest friends to push me towards creating a fundraising campaign for my cancer treatment. The decision wasn't made lightly, considering how uncomfortable I am with seeking help. To date, only a handful of people know about my ongoing struggle with cancer.
After getting the campaign approved on the fundraising website, I mulled it over once more before sharing it with close friends and some acquaintances I believed might offer their support or kind words. I shared it as an Instagram story late at night, then closed the application, uncertain of what the response might be.
At 4 a.m., I opened the application. To my surprise and overwhelming joy, I discovered several heartfelt messages filled with support and love. As I read those beautiful words, tears welled up in my eyes. When I woke up in the morning, I found out that my friends had raised 360 euros for my cause.
This is just the beginning, but the love and support I've felt are indescribable. I never anticipated receiving this level of backing and empathy. We were able to withdraw that 360 euros, and it came at a crucial time. The funds were urgently needed to pay for laboratory tests in Rabat that would provide critical information about my disease's survival rate and other crucial details. Additionally, the money helped cover the expenses for an MRI, a follow-up on my bone condition after nearly five months since the surgery, as I still experience persistent pain.
I extend my heartfelt thanks to all who believed in my cause, supported and encouraged me, and took the time to read my story. Your kindness and generosity mean the world to me.
With love and gratitude,
Comments
Post a Comment